The Hidden Figgers Scholarship continues its commitment to helping outstanding students who come from low-income backgrounds to realize their maximum potential.
The Hidden Figgers scholarship program is based on evidence that by eliminating financial barriers to higher education, a scholarship can enable high-potential, low-income students to excel in their course work, graduate college/CTE, and continue to be leaders throughout their lives.
In addition to funding, The Hidden Figgers Scholarship will provide further support to scholars, by engaging with them in a variety of ways, to ensure they have access to the resources and services they need.
Hidden Figgers Scholarships (HFS) are highly selective, scholarship for outstanding Florida high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 15-20 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
click to see past recipients
Scholars will receive a $500 – $2,000 scholarship to be used specifically towards tuition at a college, university or career & technical education program.
*Costs can include, tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
To apply, student must
- Be a high school senior in the State of Florida.
- Be a US citizen, national, or permanent resident.
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 2.4 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Submit a typed 1-2 page essay explaining need for scholarship
An ideal candidate will have:
- A good academic record in high school
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
- Completed Hidden Figgers Scholarship Application
- Official high school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- 1-2 paged typed essay
Applications must meet all eligibility requirements to be considered.
All applicants will be considered and notified within thirty days of receiving application